Friday, March 4, 2011

Blessings by Laura Story

Have you heard this song yet? I can't get enough of it!



We pray for blessings 
We pray for peace 
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep 
We pray for healing, for prosperity 
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering 
All the while, You hear each spoken need 
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things 

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops 
What if Your healing comes through tears 
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near 
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise 

We pray for wisdom 
Your voice to hear 
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near 
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love 
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough 
All the while, You hear each desperate plea 
As long as we have faith to believe 

When friends betray us 
When darkness seems to win 
We know that pain reminds this heart 
That this is not our home 

What if my greatest disappointments 
Or the aching of this life 
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy 
What if trials of this life 
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights 
Are your mercies in disguise



Thank you Lord for your blessings and your mercies, even when they hurt.

3 comments:

  1. I have! I love it! I thought of you when I heard it too.. Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that song! I hadn't heard it yet. Such amazing words. I had to repost it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom played the youtube video of this song for our Sunday School yesterday. He stole it from your blog!

    ReplyDelete