Saturday, August 27, 2011

Memories...

A few months ago, I went to get some old pictures off of my external drive. I am pretty sure that my heart stopped for a few beats when I realized that my drive was dead. DEAD.

Wedding photos... gone.
Honeymoon photos...gone.
Pictures of Holland...gone.
All of my photos...gone. And folks, y'all know how much I love my photos.

I tried not to panic and instead went into total denial. I thought that if I ignored it, I would come back to it in a few weeks and it would magically fix itself. So, I came back. But it was still dead.

I have this amazingly smart friend that works for IBM and I am pretty sure was building his own computers when he was four. I begged him to help me. He said he would give it a shot, but couldn't promise anything.

Well, PRAISE. THE. LORD!!!  He worked his techie magic and restored ALL of my photos to a new hard drive! How amazing is that?

As I thumb through all of the photos, I am just overwhelmed with thanks! These are a few of the MANY photos that I would have lost!

One of our first dates 


The picture that created my nickname... Tia

Our rehearsal dinner

Front row tickets to Aerosmith

Saying "goodbye" to Holland

Our engagement photo

In Costa Rica on our honeymoon

My nephew Jacksson's birth

My favorite photo of Nate

Poppa's retirement party

Halloween 2005

New Life fundraiser where I was the speaker

Rusty and George

Sweet friends at an Aid Sudan Event

Our first Christmas

Rusty's sweet Nana

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your friend was able to recover those! I just backed up my MacBook hard drive bc it's on its last leg. All of our pics are on there.

    I had to laugh because we got married in 2005 like y'all, and I was thinking of your engagements, "They look so young!" I need to examine our engagement pics with new eyes. :)

    Glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy your photo's were recovered. Does your friend do this for a living?? My computer crashed a few weeks ago and I lost two years of pictures. Hadley is 3 so pretty much the last 2.5 years of her life are not documented. BOO-HOO!!!

    Glad you had a happy ending!!

    ReplyDelete